Convert OST to PST Outlook 2010
Outlook launched the new version Outlook 2010 with many new and advanced features, but the most awaiting feature/utility is still absent, that is convert ost to pst utility.
If the OST file (offline storage file) that is used by Outlook for storing Exchange Server mailbox data on local system, gets corrupted or becomes inaccessible due to any reason like:
- Exchange Server is not responding.
- Exchange Server is down unavailable or crashed.
- OST file gets affected by some virus programme.
OR; many of other reasons leads to inaccessibility of Outlook 2010 OST file.
Now the big question arises How to access Outlook 2010 OST file, if it gets orphaned or becomes inaccessible?
So first try this method:
- If the original Outlook 2010 profile that created OST file, is available then follow below steps:
- Open Outlook 2010 in Offline mode
- Go to Import/Export option from the file menu.
- Export the Outlook 2010 OST in to PST file
- Import the resulting PST file in Outlook to access the converted components.
If the original Outlook profile that created OST file is not available, then you need to manually convert outlook 2010 ost to pst file. Download & Install convert ost to pst 2010 tool.
- Run the software and Browse and select the OST file.
- Click 'START' button to convert OST to PST 2010.
- When the scanning process completes, save the converted PST file in your desired location.
To access the converted PST file you need to Import the PST file in Outlook using Import/Export function of Outlook.